Note N21609 Index
Carl was a brother to Claude B. Cuthbertson, husband of his sister-inlaw, Olive. He was a farmer. They lived in Washington Township, Republic County, Kansas (1900, 1930), and Flagler, Colorado (1910, 1920).
Note N21618 Index
Ervin was a farm manager in Joliet, Illinois. His parents (Carimett and Julia) were born in Norway.
Note N21626 Index
Howard was a farmer in Plainfield and Naperville. He served in the U.S. Marine Corps during World War II. Howard was a member of Our Savior Lutheran Church and the Moose Lodge of Naperville.
Note N21627 Index
Lee served in the U.S. Navy during World War II. He was a Plainfield Township Trustee, and drove a school bus for the Plainfield Schools.
Note N21632 Index
Donald was a farmer. He also worked for Hicksgas of Plainfield for 43 years. He belonged to the Masonic Lodge #536.
Note N21650 Index
LeRoy, known alternately as "Lee" or "Roy," was a farmworker.
Note N21678 Index
In 1930, James was manager of a produce house in Stayton, Oregon.
Note N21685 Index
Claude was a brother to Carl St. Elmo Cuthbertson, husband of his sister-in-law, Clara. He was a farmer in Belleville, Kansas (1900, 1930), and Flagler, Colorado (1910, 1920).
Note N21691 Index
Orville was a farmer. They lived in Jewell County, Kansas (1900, 1920, 1930), and Flagler, Colorado (1910).
Note N21700 Index
Howard was employed by the Elgin, Joliet & Eastern Railroad for several years. By 1930, he was working at a boiler-making factory in Channahon Village, Will County, Illinois.
Note N21706 Index
Charles was a farmer in Thornton, New Hampshire.
Note N21710 Index
Clements and Florence are buried in Oak Island Cemertery, Oak Island, Bexar, Texas. Florence's name is inscribed as Florence Deckert Beck, born 3 July 1922. No date of death is inscribed.
Note N21713 Index
Edward was the road foreman for the Wake County Highway Department.
Note N21731 Index
Byron was a farmer in Andover, New Hampshire.
Note N21738 Index
Jotham and his siblings changed their name from Oughterson to Otterson.
Jotham studied at Blanchard Academy in Pembroke, New Hampshire. He learned the trades of machinist and iron moulder, then worked in the New Hampshire towns of Lebanon, Hooksett and Nashua, and Pittsfield, Massachusetts, returning to Nashua about 1833. For a time, he was employed in the machine shop of the Nashua Manufacturing Company, then relocated to Clinton, Massachusetts, where he was superintendent of the Lancaster Mills.
In 1850, he returned to Nashua, where he purchased an interest in the Nashua Lock Company. In business with him were Col. L.W. Noyes and Robert Living. They produced locks, knobs and house trimmings. The partnership dissolved and Jotham became sole owner of the business, which he renamed the Otterson Foundry.
In the days before Nashua was incorporated, he belonged to the Fire Department, was foreman of the engine company and Chief. He served in the New Hampshire Legislature during two sessions, and in 1868 and 1870 was Mayor of the city of Nashua.
Jotham was one of the founders of the Pearl Street Congregational Church, to which he gave considerable financial support as well as his active involvement. However, by 1826, it became necessary for the church to close. Its successor was Pilgrim Congregational Church, established in 1826 and still serving the mission of Jesus Christ.
Jotham is remembered as a conservative and practical businessman, who paid good wages and took a deep interest in everything that promoted the well-being of the working man. He was " one of the truly good and generous men of Nashua, who performed every duty of life with conscientious fidelity, and left an unblemished record in all things" (Judge Edward E. Parker [ed.], HISTORY OF THE CITY OF NASHUA, N.H. [Nashua, N.H.: Telegraph Publishing Company, 1897], 551).